Saturday, June 8, 2013

23/52

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Che: He took his book into the garden, as you do. Photo by Daniel.
Poet: Her third time watching this beautiful film - she was curious, her joy was contagious. A child's perception of birth is so different to an adults, don't you think?

In five weeks time we will be celebrating Poet's 2nd birthday. I'm readying myself for the emotion, the moments where I stop what I'm doing and try to comprehend the little girl that stands in front of me, once such a tiny baby. Lately I've had moments of pure sadness when I long for the age she once was. I've experienced the same with Che; desperately missing the conversations I had with his three-year-old self, the way he would sit in the shopping trolley eating an apple as we walked around the supermarket, his toddler squeals and sweet expressions. 

I miss them when they were littler; hence my dedication to documenting them now. I can't imagine what the longing will be like when they're teenagers. These days really are the good days. 

........................................................................................................................................................

I always adore Olive aka Punky Brewster...the apple does not fall far from the tree, Kellie / Three portraits of everyday moments, Milina's photography has come into its own / Adair and Ingrid in the strawberry fields - summer bliss / Tahnee's take on portraits is genius / and Sam and Bella in beautiful French, summer light. 





No comments:

Post a Comment