Saturday, August 3, 2013

31/52

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Che: Every week of his life we have visited our neighbours in their teeny-tiny little cottage. After ringing the doorbell he always goes straight to the spare bedroom, reaches under the bed and pulls out a vintage suitcase full of old cars, trucks and planes. Whilst the adults chat and drink tea, Che plays and eats a biscuit (you can see the crumbs on the rug).
Poet: She is thinking: "If I close my eyes, Mama can't see me."

I've been so inspired since I started thinking about capturing the children in spaces and places that hold memories. I have, quite literally, watched Che grow up on that rug - he's played there since he was old enough to sit by himself - and now I have it captured; so he can look back on it, too. 

Whenever Poet and I take a walk she always climbs this fence (this portrait was shot there too) and hence I have spent a lot of time admiring the garden. Next week the blossoms will bloom and shortly after, the freesias will be popping up through the grass. I'll have to shoot a spring portrait here.

.......................................................................................................

In honour of World Breastfeeding Week - this shot of Allison and Eloise captures a precious moment, one that I fondly remember with my own babies / I love the variety of perspectives in this post - the first shot is very bug-like and I adore it! / If you look into Mason's beautiful, big, newborn eyes, you can see his parents' silhouettes / play on a wild New Zealand beach...I feel like I'm there / and children on an adventure, beautiful scenic portraits. 







No comments:

Post a Comment