Saturday, August 31, 2013

spring : a seasonal series

these photos were taken on august 9th; the day that I noticed the warmth, the day that we picked blossoms and jasmine, the day that spring arrived ...albeit early.  

This past week we have been waking an hour or so earlier with the sun. We're walking barefoot, too. Spring is here.

I've come full circle with this series; a documentation of the seasons that has acted as a constant reminder to stop and observe nature. In doing so I have been taught an invaluable lesson; when we honour the seasons and follow their rhythms we experience wellbeing - in every aspect of our being. Throughout winter (a fleeting, mild one) I allowed myself the time and space to adopt a hibernation, of sorts. Now, as spring beckons, I'm embracing busyness; opening the windows, packing away the wool throws, decluttering and feeling lighter, a little more energised. 

Happy spring...and Happy Father's Day to all those wonderful, dedicated Dads out there! 

.................................................................................................................

Welcome to my newest sponsors (looking gorgeous over there on the side). Thank you for supporting my creativity and ensuring I can spend an increasing amount of time in this space. And thank you, dear reader, for continuing to visit, read, and comment. I'm so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment